Monday, July 30, 2012

strawberry cheesecake sundae party!

 
 
If you’re looking for the perfect way to cool down on a hot summer day, then look no further. This special sundae made with vanilla ice cream, real whipped cream, CHEESECAKE and fresh strawberries will do the trick!
This creative combination was inspired by the fast food drive thru restaurant, Ralley's aka Checkers. We don't have Ralley's or Checkers in Utah but my mom told me about this amazing dessert & on a recent trip to Indiana I HAD to try it. It was everything she said & more! But I dare say, homemade is even better!

As soon as I got home I set out to recreate the strawberry cheesecake sundae. I googled it to get another look at it & low & behold I found a video of the restaurant's VP of research & development making one! That was EASY! Feel free to skip the rest of this post & click the video below to watch Mr. V.P. do his thing.



I must warn you about this Philadelphia Cheesecake Filling...it's DANGEROUS. Only buy it if you have a plan to use the whole thing, divided by 8 people, immediately . If it sits in the fridge unattended for more than a day it will do a magic trick & disappear from your fridge & reappear on your hips! I will probably never buy it again...it's that risky decadent! I also think it would be delicious piped into strawberries.

I made homemade strawberry sauce but this is a super quick & simple dessert! You could make it even easier with store bought strawberry syrup & just throw a few fresh strawberries in.
sundae ingredients:

Graham crackers, crushed in food processor
Philadelphia cheesecake filing
Strawberry Sauce, see below
Additional sliced strawberries 
Vanilla bean ice cream
Whipped cream

sundae directions:

Layer the following in each individual sundae dish:
 
1 tablespoon crushed graham crackers
1 ice cream scoop Philadelphia cheesecake filling (1/4 cup)
1 tablespoon of strawberry sauce
sliced strawberries
4 large swirls vanilla soft serve (or 3 scoops vanilla ice cream)
2 tablespoons strawberry sauce
sliced strawberries
1 tablespoon crushed graham cracker
2 puffs real whipped cream (more!)
Cherry (Strawberry!)
For Strawberry Sauce: Clean & slice 1 pound strawberries, place in a saucepan and stir in 1/3 cup sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract. Cook, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and puree in a blender until smooth. Will thicken upon cooling. Store in refrigerator and serve cold. This will make lots of extra sauce. Delicious served over cheesecake or ice cream or use it in smoothies or milkshakes or drizzle over pound cake or crepes!




3 comments:

  1. That is one HUGE strawberry! I'm not sure if I'm more impressed with that or this delicious looking dessert. Either way, I'm definitely impressed! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nichole, I think that was the biggest strawberry I've ever seen. It was the size of a baseball! :)

      Delete
  2. dapatkan penghasilan tambahan dengan mudah hanya dalam waktu singkat dengan bermain dominoqq di situs terbaik asikbandarqq, raih bonusnya bagi anda yang mendaftar sekarang juga di http://180.215.13.115

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...